2018 Hyundai Tuscon
A New Look to Inspire Adventure
“The Tucson exterior and interior designs intertwine sleekness with sophistication,” said Scott Margason, director, product planning, Hyundai Motor America. “More functionality and practicality are featured within the 2018 Tucson delivering a modern-day CUV.”
For the 2018 model year, Tucson continues to improve in key areas:
- SEL Plus and Limited trims offer 3-years of complimentary Blue Link® Connected Care, Remote Services & Guidance
- Guidance Package includes free map and multimedia system updates
- 7-inch colour touchscreen Hyundai Display Audio system (vs. 5-inch) is now standard on SEL and
- Value trims along with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay® smartphone integration
- Heated steering wheel is a new feature included with Limited trims
- Heated front seats have been expanded to SEL trim and above
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror with HomeLink® is now available starting with Value trim
- SiriusXM® Radio and HD Radio® are now available starting with SEL
- YES Essentials® fabric seats are included with Gray and Beige cloth interiors
The SE trim remains the base model, while the SE Popular Equipment package becomes the SEL trim model and includes the addition of the 7-inch audio display system with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®. The SE Plus is renamed the SEL Plus building off of the new SEL nomenclature. The Value and Limited trims remain for the 2018 model year and include feature enhancements by model.
The Tucson’s interior includes highly attractive features such as:
- Proximity key entry with push-button start
- Hands-free smart liftgate with auto open
- Panoramic sunroof
- Dual automatic temperature control with Clean Air Ionizer and auto defogger
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror
- Enhanced navigation system featuring faster operation
- Heated rear seats
Through innovative dual-stage cargo floor and reclining rear seats, flexible cargo solutions added additional cargo space, more than some mid-luxury SUVs.
Advanced safety features include blind spot detection with rear-cross traffic alert and lane change assist, automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection and lane departure warning signals.
Tuscon offers two fuel-efficient engine options. The first is the 1.6-litre turbocharged, four-cylinder with an estimated 175 horsepower and 195 lb.-ft. of torque coupled to a first-in-segment seven-speed EcoShift® dual-clutch transmission (DCT). This engine is found in the Value, Limited or Limited models.
The 2.0-litre, direct-injected four-cylinder with an estimated 164 horsepower and 151 lb.-ft. of torque is coupled with a six-speed automatic transmission and is standard on the SE, SEL and SEL Plus trims and offers SHIFTRONIC ™ manual shifting mode.
The Tucson’s exterior styling provides a feeling of contemporary design featuring exterior colour updates, LED headlights, taillights and accents including:
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- HID headlights with Dynamic Bending Light
- 17-inch and 19-inch Alloy Wheels
- Door handle approach LEDs